Skip to main content

Where the Hell Do I Belong?

I've not written for so long, and it's not because of laziness, it's because I truly had a hard time saying what I had to say. I've had so many experiences. Some of the best in my life, The Glee Concert, and BOOM staring my faves, Ann Hampton Callaway and Liz Callaway. I went to a baby naming which was Awesome with all of the love for this tiny new person. I had yet another break down over something that will not happen for me. I am having a hard time accepting this. And forget that I'm single so my confidence about myself is through the roof. (Sarcasm) I am however, learning a lot about myself. What I need to do is figure out where I belong!

I have not found where I belong since I lost where I 'thought' I belonged and that failed on me. I've been to a few BBQ's over the last few weeks. While it's nice to get out of the house and socialize it's not nice if these parties make me feel bad about my self. On thing I have learned is that I am my own worst enemy. I feel such guilt and shame over everything. every action I do!! I am older than people at these BBQ's by more than a decade, it is so weird and disconserting to feel that I'm with people who wheren't even born when Thriller was No.1 and Michael Jackson was 'black' and did not have plastic surgery. Yet they all talked of him as if they had been. Weird. Than I went to a lovley party where everyone was successful and I again felt totally out of place. It was a room full of my peers that I was just meeting, but felt that my accomplishments in life where nothing to their degrees, jobs, and diplomas.

I literally feel as if my brain is scrambled eggs with swiss cheese (a type of cheese I don't even like). I feel as if I'm floating in this river of black sludge, and while I'm not a swimmer in life, it is this that is bringing me down in my emotions. If I could get a handle on them I could force my way out of this filthy sea, and see that there is still good for me to do, and I don't have to carry a heavy burden of shame, guilt and doubt over every fucking move I make. I'm afraind I will crack again, and I can't afford that at any cost!!! I just don't know where in the hell I fit!! It's scary and exhausting, and yet I have a lot of work ahead to clean out my first apartment so I can move back in with my folks because my achievements have not been good enough yet!!! This whole thing just saddens me and makes me wish I had some "Wonder Woman" strenght right now to see me through this and I feel so wimpy instead! Wimpy is scary and lonely. So for now I will call it a day and try to regain some strength and power tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Birthday Card to My Big Brother

                                                                                                                                   Nov. 19, 2017 Dear Andrew, This year I decided to write you a birthday card.  My boyfriend Ian, whom I've been with over a year and who I think you would like asked, "So do you guys give Andrew birthday cards?" My response was "No, we just don't." Ian then asked "Do you have a cake for him, because I want to honor him how you guys do. Would it be OK if I bought an ice cream for him to have at your mom's house after dinner on Sunday." (Yes, it's Sunday, November 19, 2017.)  See I told you, you would like him.  He's all about wanting to have ice cream cake. Oh, wait that's why does David likes him.  But enough about the ice cream cake that we are not having, or the cards, gifts,  and candles that we no longer do on your birthday.  Instead we go to Rick's and reminisce about the time we were lucky t

How Sick I Was For Almost a Year

This year was a hard one for my family. This year was not as hard as last year was, however, hard and emotional in different ways. I feel as if this year, I am the one who fought for my life. No one died. I did not have to eulogize anyone, Thank G-d! However, as stated in the title, I have been sick for almost a full year. It started in February, with a weight loss, but I eat healthy so I thought nothing of it. A month later in March, my belly started to fill up like never before. I began to look pregnant. I had migraines daily, and my belly got so big that my belly button inverted. I am not able or advised to have a baby so this was extra hard! Because I'm strong, and perform, I made up a clever story about my 'pseudo baby' as it was easier than telling people I was in heart failure and the doctors were fighting over whether it was my liver or my heart. This went on for 6 months. I had multiple belly taps, and the fluid, called ascites, would come back literally within

What It Really Feels Like

What does it really feel like to have a CHD? Well not great all the time. There's constant let down in life as doctors figure out how to treat us adults. There is a lot of trial and error medically based which is why I say I'm in 'Generation Guinea Pig'! My first memory was my mom changing my younger brother's diaper and telling me that when we got back home from vacation I was going for a cardiac cath. So I'm 4 1/2 years old. I don't recall crying which I was told I did but I already knew what a cath was it wasn't new to me. Neither was my addiction to Annie the Musical, my mothers voice or my desire to sing like them be on stage and be a mommy when I grew up. I wanted to sing and be a mom as a grown up and of course I'd have a cute husband. When mom, David and I walked to the beach my father was there with Andrew who was just told about my going to the hospital too. In those days we were pals and he found me a sea shell- my favorite.  31 years l