Skip to main content

Happy New Year! Blog year 2.

I did not realize how long it's been since I've blogged. I've had a lot to say, but was a bit scared to put it out there. I realize nowI don't have to and can write but not publish it to Face Book, or just write in my journal.

I start this year smarter and stronger than I started last year. Obviously I will NEVER get over the tragic loss of my older brother Andrew. I do dream about him quite often which is a source of comfort, but is always a disappointment when I wake up and realize the reality, that is a constant source of pain which we all feel responsible for.

I did however do a lot of self work and inner soul searching. Every year people make resolutions. How many of those stick? I'm not making resolutions, because I will be the first one to drop the ball on one. This year I will change 2 things in my life that can be measured and if I fall off, I can always get back on. I really enjoy yoga, but have not done it in months. I will include yoga 2 days out of the week. If this leads to more days or more exercise so that's a good thing. Should I stop two days is not hard to get back into, the videos are 30 to 45 minutes long, so why should that be hard? It's not.

Another thing I've learned this year is to be more optimistic. I'm not going to focus on what I don't have, but on all the wonderful things I do still have in my life. I have some wonderful friends, and a supportive family. I've learned I can't bitch about being single if I'm not in the game. So I'm officially in the game!

I still have my dreams that with belief and optimism can absolutely come true!! If unfortunately you are petty and negative you are not going to remain my friend because I'm trying to stick to the bright side, and don't need other people's constant negativity and destructive thoughts in my life. Please understand if you are my friend or family, I will always be there to help as I've always been no matter what the circumstances are, I'm in your corner. But if you are out to hurt me and make empty promises and are fake, I'm not going to let you do that to me anymore. That's the biggest lesson I've learned.

2010 was the hardest and most gut wrenching year of my life but no one is going to ruin the self improvement I've done on myself!!

I wish you all a year of happiness, health and success, and remember if you're there for me, I'm there for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Birthday Card to My Big Brother

                                                                                                                                   Nov. 19, 2017 Dear Andrew, This year I decided to write you a birthday card.  My boyfriend Ian, whom I've been with over a year and who I think you would like asked, "So do you guys give Andrew birthday cards?" My response was "No, we just don't." Ian then asked "Do you have a cake for him, because I want to honor him how you guys do. Would it be OK if I bought an ice cream for him to have at your mom's house after dinner on Sunday." (Yes, it's Sunday, November 19, 2017.)  See I told you, you would like him.  He's all about wanting to have ice cream cake. Oh, wait that's why does David likes him.  But enough about the ice cream cake that we are not having, or the cards, gifts,  and candles that we no longer do on your birthday.  Instead we go to Rick's and reminisce about the time we were lucky t

What It Really Feels Like

What does it really feel like to have a CHD? Well not great all the time. There's constant let down in life as doctors figure out how to treat us adults. There is a lot of trial and error medically based which is why I say I'm in 'Generation Guinea Pig'! My first memory was my mom changing my younger brother's diaper and telling me that when we got back home from vacation I was going for a cardiac cath. So I'm 4 1/2 years old. I don't recall crying which I was told I did but I already knew what a cath was it wasn't new to me. Neither was my addiction to Annie the Musical, my mothers voice or my desire to sing like them be on stage and be a mommy when I grew up. I wanted to sing and be a mom as a grown up and of course I'd have a cute husband. When mom, David and I walked to the beach my father was there with Andrew who was just told about my going to the hospital too. In those days we were pals and he found me a sea shell- my favorite.  31 years l

How Sick I Was For Almost a Year

This year was a hard one for my family. This year was not as hard as last year was, however, hard and emotional in different ways. I feel as if this year, I am the one who fought for my life. No one died. I did not have to eulogize anyone, Thank G-d! However, as stated in the title, I have been sick for almost a full year. It started in February, with a weight loss, but I eat healthy so I thought nothing of it. A month later in March, my belly started to fill up like never before. I began to look pregnant. I had migraines daily, and my belly got so big that my belly button inverted. I am not able or advised to have a baby so this was extra hard! Because I'm strong, and perform, I made up a clever story about my 'pseudo baby' as it was easier than telling people I was in heart failure and the doctors were fighting over whether it was my liver or my heart. This went on for 6 months. I had multiple belly taps, and the fluid, called ascites, would come back literally within